A wise man once said: „The world can be divided into two groups of people: people who suffer from back pain and people that will suffer from back pain”. The reason to why this smart man is correct must be found to get a relief for back pain. Today, the chairs are better and the mattresses are best designed to support the back. But, more then in any given time in the history of humanity, people suffer from back pain. This article will reveal the reason and, even more important, a few ways to overcome it.
The root of the problem goes all the way back to our childhood. Have you ever seeing a 3 year child complaining about back pains? Probably – not. Children do everything naturally, you can learn a lot from them, especially from their movements. When they sit, they sit upright. They will always lift things using their legs and not their back, and I could go on and on.
Grownups lose these natural habits and tend to adopt wrong ones instead. The stressed way of life prevents people from taking proper care of their back. Instead, people tend to sit for hours and hours in back hurting positions ending up with a sore back. Moreover, kids run and play all day long keeping in shape Grownups stops all sport activities as a lack of time or the feeling that they are unable too. As a result the body becomes over weight and not flexible, this only increases back pains. Wrong habits lead to wrong posture and when attempting to correct it people tend to do the same mistakes they have done before.
The solution is going back to a healthy way of treating our back, sit properly, get up from time to time and stretch up, lift things properly, and:
1. Keep you back and especially your shoulder blades covered, in bed.
2. The height of the pillow should let the neck part of the spinal to be balanced with no pressure.
3. It is recommended to sleep in a fetus position – lay on your side with your legs against the chest.
4. Avoid sharp movements in the morning. Warm up your back first. Consult an exercise expert.
5. Sit upright but naturally with no pressure on your lower back.
6. When you sit make sure your feet, all of the sole, is fully placed on the floor for support.
7. Get up and stretch once in 30 minutes when sitting for a long time.
8. Use your knees to lift things and not your back.
9. Warm up before any physical activity.
10. End up physically activity with stretches.
11. And last but not least, listen to your body and avoid painful situations and activities. If you feel pain, check it.
It is simple, it is natural, and it is what we would have done in a more natural sane world. Watch the kids for the best live-show on how you should do it. They make excellent teachers for their movements are still pure.